Friday, July 29, 2005

King of the Ring

Thursday night poker at Chamba. Instead of playing a 2 table SNG. Patrick just made it into a cash game. minimum buy was 100 and the maximum depended on the amount of cash you had in your ATM hehe.

We started playing around 10pm, just 4 people including me and goms. Then after an hour our group of 4 became 9. It was a good ring game, actually it was one of those games where you could play 'Who's lucky tonight' game. One hand went like this, Goma pushed on the turn with two-pair on the flop, the guy he went up against called, showing 4/5 suited with 2-3 showing on the board A or 6 makes him a straight. River comes... A, he hits the straight and gets the pot. He says 'I was just looking for the 6 but I'm glad the ace came' :D another hand went like this. I was in the pot with the same guy, I had two pair or a set, then this guy calls my all-in showing seven something, then he flops three sevens on the board making a four of a kind. haha crazy man.

I was down to 600 in one hour I think, I bought some more chips and tried to claw my way back. One hand screwed my silly, I had AJ suited, flop comes A-A-K, I check then Mark (another guy who won a lot last night) checks as well, I bet on the turn BIG, everyone folds, Mark calls. River comes rag! I check, he bets 100, I raise him my whole stack. He quickly calls, he ain't got no full house but he had the AQ. Ouch.

I buy some more chips. I'm down 1k++, I needed to get my money back. I had a quick rush, pocket Qs followed by Js then Qs again. I won back my money from those three hands, then I had pocket As , went all-in cracked by A4os.. patrick flopped two 4s making trips. Anyway, moral of the story, never engage action with lucky guys. I made my money back btw. Ring games are awesome, the feeling you have when you know you're just gonna claw your way back to the money, playing good, reeling in the fishies!... it was a rush.

I can't say I was the King of the Ring that night, maybe next time. Just remember luck evens out.

Fish-OUT!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Maverick said...

played a cash game at ccw last night with some guys from nick's crew and the ccw guys. rush of all rushes hehe. got AK about 4 times, twice suited, QQ, AJs, my pocket 2s had trips on the flop anf full house on the river with major callers! damn! i lost only one pot! all those hands gave me good money! i had someone go all-in pre-flop with my A-Ks, he had the snowmen pocket 8s, and i got my ace on the flop! only bought in once, went home after about 2 hours with about 2000 bucks hehe. if i didnt lose that one pot (i had AKs, i think he got two pair) it would have been 3K. what a rush. =)

oh, talk about bad beats. This one guy had KK and calls an all-in bet with someone who just came in and was going crazy with all-ins. he had pocket 8s. He got quad 8s. ouch. cowboys tsk tsk. hehe.

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home