Friday, July 22, 2005

It All Started With a Dream

I played at Eduardo's place last night. 1k buy 4 places played. Solid game.

It was my first 1k buy-in ever, 10,000 starting chips, blinds started at 100-200, 25 mins per level, 10 handed.

The story of the game was... I was on a rush. A friggin' RUSH never had a rush like that before. First hand, I had was pocket As, with 6 callers, I had to raise the pot, it was a huge raise. I got excited, I took down my first pot. Then followed the suited connectors that where money to me, hitting top pairs and good draws, hitting sets, two-pairs. Damn, it felt so good. And another pocket As fell my way on a raise-reraise-all-in by three 3 players, got a huge pot from that and then I was up to 35k in chips. I lost to Jun, good game very tight-aggressive. But hey, not bad for my first 1k buy-in game. The last heads-up hand went...

Me: K9os
Jun: ???

Preflop: blinds were 700-1,400. HE raised to 3000, I smooth call.
Flop: J-9-J I check-raise him for 10k. He goes all-in.

Now I put him on pockets...I was hoping for lower pockets like 8s or 7s. I call.

He shows pocket Ts, Kings or a 9 would make me win, turn and river come out blanks and its over. GG

The Wack-Wack game is very solid, I heard before that the play there before was all about the thickness of your wallet and how much paper you can burn but Eduardo changed the game play and structure to what most of us are used to... SNGs. After the game, we were talking about the poker scene her in manila, and what's happening or going to happen in the months to come. Eduardo briefly explained his plans...it was obvious that he knew what he was talking about, being a poker player for 3 years and all, he's really passionate about the game which I truly respect, hats off. Eduardo shared his plans with us on promoting the game, making good games, tourneys etc... it got me thinking, i said to myself 'all great things start from dreams like this'. Knowing the scene here, it won't be a dream any longer, in time, poker would be everywhere! Poker will be a household name, I tell you! Why? because it all started with a dream.

Luceat Lux, let your light shine buddy. ALL-IN!!! hehe :)

Fish-OUT!!!