Tuesday, July 12, 2005

sprechen sie pokerspiel?

Due to the sudden turn of events, the Camp suffered a tough blow today. According to Tipsy and Fish, I can’t release the information to the public yet. We’re still trying to figure things out internally. Hope everything works out just fine.

I guess most of you already noticed that the Fish and Tilter fired away with their ideas regarding the game we all love. Actually, Tilter is enlightened to write again coz’ he attended the Neil Gaiman thing. Dude, he’s gay man! As for Fish, I don’t know about that guy. Maybe he’s becoming a lil’ cuckoo, know what I’m saying? Just kidding bro.

I guess it’s my turn to give my two cents about the game, and the chance to hear from you guys.

I read an article by Howard Lederer entitled Poker and Zen (http://www.howardlederer.com/howard-lederer-poker-article9.html), and it made a lot of sense to me. Right now I’m trying to achieve Level 3, but it think it will take some time before I even come close of becoming that. And it’s alright with me, no problems for the Grouch about that. Again, patience is an important thing in poker, and not just waiting for the right hand to play, but waiting for the time for when you shift from being a good player to a great one.

It makes me happy to see a lot of post from mah hommies, what makes me happier is the comments that you guys leave. I love seeing your comments because I see that we are not alone. You guys out there are as addicted to the game as we are, in a good way of course. It’s good that topics about the game and how to elevate our play is out here. We see different terms and other analogies, such as Tilter’s golf analogies. We actually relate poker to our lives. Wow! But I promised myself I wouldn’t cry…

I read some books and articles about the game, read a book actually, and to be honest, I think that it’s all I need right now. I’m saying that not because I feel that I don’t need more info about the game, but because I know that becoming a great player needs to be fermented like wine. I know I can’t force the issue. I’m trying to bank on experience here. The more hours I log playing, the better I’ll get. I have some theories about the game, take note, some, and I need to apply it or practice it. Praxis ladies and gentlemen, theory and practice. You can have all theory in the world but it wont mean chickensh** if you can’t apply it.

That’s it for now; we have a very big dilemma right now. Dang….

By the way guys, the Camp has its own version of Shana Hiatt, right Aissa? Sup girl? Hahahah

Blogging people’s asses since 2005…

Grouch now sad…

3 Comments:

Blogger ivegotdnuts said...

Poker and Zen LVL 3 would take me around a 50 years! When I reach that level, i'll be wearing a cowboy hat and be as fat as Texas Dolly. hehe

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had to google who shana hiatt was. hehe ;) what a loser ;p ahhaha. i was expecting some old lady in glasses playing poker or something. she is hottttt. surprisingly. hehehehe - ais :)

10:35 PM  
Blogger Jazmin said...

dang, why does level 3 seem so far?!
I know I still have a lot to learn about the game.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home