Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The Game

We all know the game, but how much do we know about it?

The dynamics of the game make it so unique, there is no absolute way of winning a game of poker, there are no sure bets as well as sure plays. There are a lot of factors involved that when you start playing, these factors run across your mind everytime you look at cards, people, chips...

I played last night at Grouch's, during my 20 minute drive to his place I was already thinking about how I'll play my game, thinking of the possible problems I may encounter, everything - well, almost. Anyway, I was thinking of certain situations like early play, middle play and shorthanded up to heads-up. I was kinda fun though, running simulations in your head on how you'd play the game you're about to play. hehe

So much for the focus and visualization! I couldn't play my cards right because no cards were coming my way!!! The best hand I had was AQos, no help on the flop against pocket 8s what can you do?! I was there busted, thinking about what I can do understand the game more, I was thinking about writing down what I've learned from playing, putting down good calls, bad calls, mistakes, situations and the like to better understand the game.

I'm calling out everyone to listen in... or read in rather to Camp Hold'em blog. I'm inviting everybody to feel free and comment on whatever is it I'm going to start writing in my posts, no bashing and foul language pls :) I just want to understand the game more and I want to share that with you guys, lets have some sort of a 'forum' so that we'll hear everybody's opinion of THE GAME! hey, you might pick up a thing or two?! :) hehe

2 Comments:

Blogger nickg said...

If the cards and boards don't hit you, you can't do squat about that.

The cards even out over time.

The person from whom i learned the most about poker is my wife. She RARELY ever comes in first, but she's ITM mondo times.

Why? She plays her bad cards well, her position even better, and has a helluva feel for game texture and dynamics.

Anybody can play their good cards well. The good ones play their shitty cards even better.

Think of how many times you've watched a guy build a huge chip lead early in a tourny and squander it, not realizing the win when s/he picked up the edge early.

Play your good cards well, play your shitty cards bettuh.

6:14 PM  
Blogger boy of destiny said...

Pardon me, but i'm going to make another golf analogy. Ben Hogan said in a single round, he hits on average 2 good shots only. Great shots, great misses. Right on the button nick.

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home