Monday, July 04, 2005

Not Just About the Game Anymore

Just like the blog that nick posted a couple of days ago(see pokerfilipinas) about bankroll management and game selection, I'm now factoring alot of things before I join any game or tourney. Pots getting bigger, and so are the buy-ins, games being setup in an instant everyday of the week, the dream that i share with alot of pokuh players is becoming a reality. but of course, it's dangerous for me not to see the downside.

If you are really a mofo, you can actually decide to quit your job, or studies, and be a freakin' poker player full time with the current scene that we have. Believe me, it already crossed my mind and still does every single day, but right now, my left nut is missing, so I can't make the jump. From what I know right now, there are alot more people who's playing this game, therefore, my circle is just the tip of the iceberg as far as the local poker scene is concern. Every week, I get a text message from someone informing me about a game, and the stakes just gets bigger and bigger. I'm only counting days before I hear a story about a guy who pissed all his money away, just like the one's that I know of about NBA betting. But thank god that I don't know anyone who's in that kind of quicksand, yet.

I must admit, those late night poker games had taken it's toll. I go to my morning classes like a freakin' zombie due to lack of sleep. but again, i'm a bit fortunate as to my bankroll is concern. at least I know my limit. Just like the game, foliding or saying no to a game is a big part of it. I don't want to just win a hand and loose the game, i rather loose that hand and win the pot in the end. I don't want to become a case study of not what to become in one of those public service videos. Poker brings out the qualities of the person who's playing it. It's now easier to spot the idiot and praise the mighties.

Grouch's Mantra #3: Poker is different from gambling. The sooner you'll know this, the happier we'll all be

Blogging people's asses since 2005...


Grouch Hansen