Thursday, July 14, 2005

No Game

No game tonight, my thursday night game at Chamba was cancelled due to a power outage. It's all good, I got a quick 2 game 4-handed action with my bro and two friends. The first group of people I used to play poker with. Haven't played with them for a long time (a month or so) anyways, now was the time to test my new honed skills (if there are any)

The cards were coming my way... so when I flopped a monster, I'd act like I don't have anything then, check and RAISE them BIG. I show my nut flush and they show top pair or middle pair. I was calling there small raises, and eventually see AQ's or AK's come showdown sometimes AK's go unraised... oh well. I'm glad my game improved and I could see it when I played with them, I played a steady game, using all the basics. NO FPs!!! (Fancy Plays), No big scary bets/raises, seldom check-raise and so on.

Before when I played with those guys, i have a hard time winning because, I would be MIA- missing in action. (i'm not out there to get them chips!) Now, I'm the one giving action. Betting, Raising, All-in etc. It worked tonight, it was a smooth cruise all the way. Chips Ahoy Captain!

Straight-Forward Poker. That's what everyone should do, FOR NOW... :) Use the fancy shmancy plays for later. Poker basics can be very powerful tools, use it to your advantage and own!

Fish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home