Thursday, July 21, 2005

Same Story Different Ending

Wednesday night game at Jill's (Jardine's Sister) place.

A cool 16 player, two-table, mini-tourney. 100 buy, 820 in chips.

Jg poker - Jardin and Gail, the Corp - Che and Jas, CCW - Miguel and Jericho, A55 - Skippy and myself representing the Camp.

During the game, Skip and I were talking about the weekly game sched in Alabang, the Penalosa game etc..., skip tells me that the players there slow-play there hands, and I tell Skip that I'm really picky with the hands I slow play because my opponent might make a lucky draw to crack me. Meanwhile, I was throwing a party, playing every hand given to me and the next thing you know im down to 250 in chips. I tell Skip that all you need is a chip and a chair, he agrees, we laugh. Anyways, after that brief conversation with Skip, I played a Ah4h, with one raiser, I called an AK/AQ raise (don't know why). The flop came...

2h 4c 5h Guy checks, I 2x the min bet. (50-60) he calls... turn comes...

3h (I take a second look at my cards, and see that I DID draw a straight flush.) I CHECK (Slow play of course) He checks as well.

river comes out blank! I set him all-in he calls, with A/picture, figured he had an A to make the wheel, but it doesn't matter 'cause I'VE GOT THE NUTS man! BIG NUTS! What are the odds? (Somebody tell me the odds of drawing a straight flush please? :) )

I'm back to my stack - you'd hear Skip saying 'May bala na si Mark...' haha. I reply to Skip 'Chip and a chair, chip and a chair...'

I made a good pot on a stone cold bluff with AQs with no help on the flop. hehe I was up but not for long, I started playing loose and gave ALOT of chips to the other players By the time, we got to the final table, I had a more than average stack with a lil somethin' somethin' but I was up against a guy that had times 2 of my stack, I think. It was a loooong game guys, loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong game. My patience was put to the test. I played Bare-Aces - 'Uncle Nick's term' no help on the flop... fold!!! Blinds were starting to take away my stack bit by bit, then the pocket T's helped my ass, went all-in and got it. I was very very tight, but now I have ammo, I can play more and hopefully knock people out. The game was really tight, so tight... I had to work it to my advantage... Chop-chop-chop. I really want them to go kill each other but the thing was the blinds would just circulate from player to player. It seemed like a good situation for me turn on the ignition.

It was down to me and the oh so tight chip leader. I got him down to a short stack but a sudden rush on his part made him very dangerous, he can double up again, and put me on the short stack. I was getting 7/3os, 8/2os, 10/4os, 5/9os. I looked at my stack, and asked him 'pare, split nalang gusto mo?' hehehe he agreed. It was a game. Same story, different ending guys... I got mega points though woohoo!

I'm going to play at wack2 1k buy... my first 1k buy every GL to me and the Grouch. Let you guys know how it goes...

Fish-OUT!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

nice goin buddy. hey, a wins a win bro. too bad for me coz im only seceond to you in our tong thing becoz of that win. not to the thriller aka goma, pay your fucking tong! dont be a tong evader. peace out guys. gotta play a 1k buy in tonight at wackwack

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
Pelican laptop case Australian amateurs nude Pain relievers safe pregancy http://www.discount-travel-2.info/marriotts-vacation-club.html buy phentermine Breast enlargement hormones feminizing Search web conferencing services refinance mortgage 1989 jeep wiring digrame Im 14 and losing my hair whats wrong american accounting association Black video amateur lingerie

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home