Saturday, June 18, 2005

Friday Night Poker

It was a long friday night.

I played for 3 straight nights this week, mini-tourny at my place on wed, poker at the fort on thurs and a 7-handed SNG at the Grouch's. I'm trying to keep up to uncle nick's 12 games in 14 nights streak but I don't think I'll be able to catch up! hehe

My day started with me not waking up for my psychology class due to a late night poker game at the fort. I had enough sleep though and I was ready to go play some cards.

Around lunch time, Grouch, Tilter and I, were already planning an late afternoon game but it was called off due to the lack of players. We 3 decided to watch the final episode of the WSOP 2004, when Raymer took 5 million buckaroos at the final table with a pair of 8's. But that wasn't the show we were waiting for, right after the poker show, we had to see the "art film" of Shana Hiatt entitled "Volcano" (Thanks to the Grouch). You guys have to see it! Lucky samoan bastard.

It was obvious we had to play, the whole day we were just talking about poker and everything related to it. It's been a while since Tilter played so we had to set up a game. Thank God, we were able to set one up, a 7-handed SNG. It was the UP guys with new players David, Preston and Justin. Again, the network of players are constantly expanding. I texted Ken S. if he was playing, I was supposed to invite him but he had to do something. Next time Ken!

Tilter played a fuckin' jackass game! Playing strong against a caller. Basically, he was throwing a party at the table by giving away his chips. Losing to Queen/ King high! Dammit man. The Grouch played a pretty good game by laying the trap and making some guys call to his big bets and all in's, lost focus though at a crucial bubble situation. Get them next time Grouch. As for me, I was shortstacked all through out until the pocket 7's came and doubled me up. I managed to get to the top 3, I was in for the money. Again, lucky 7's took David out, and it was me and Goma (Paolo) heads up.

A very aggressive Goma, raised my every call. I was very much a tight battle, we just exchanged chips until the 6 or 7 deal, where it became interesting...

ME: Jh7h
Goma: ??

Flop: J-J-3
Turn: J-J-3-8
River: J-J-3-8-5

On the river Goma bet 1000 in a 5000 pot. I pushed all in, he called showing me Js8s

NH GG

What are the odds? hehe

Last words from tonight's game: weak is strong, strong is weak. Focus(grouch). Play the obvious (tilter) . Patience (me).

_____________________________________

Calling out all poker players:

Camp Hold 'em will have poker games every Friday 5pm onwards at The Grouch's. Contact us, if you guys want to play.

Games details:

SNG: 100-300 buy-ins, 3 places payout

CASH: 5-10 blinds, 100-1000 buy-ins.

Let us know if you're playing.

4 Comments:

Blogger nickg said...

Goma's on a rush. I've been losin like that all week long.

But...as you may well have suspected, count me in as a regular at the friday game.

5:37 PM  
Blogger boy of destiny said...

cool, good to have u with us uncle nick! (i dont mean 'uncle' uncle, as in you're an old fart uncle. nope, not that at all. just an expression.)

7:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yeah baby, just let me know, if no one's gonna use the poolside, we can use THE ARUBA... just let me know

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Wellbutrin suicide car rentals Bao's fashion co handbags cash advance Fax win 98 digital printing coffee maker bookcases Hp color laserjet 4500 printer cartridge Top+business+insurance+companies Adverse side effects of zocor Steven johnson syndrome and pain relief

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home