Friday, June 03, 2005

Lady Luck Wins

Well, Rounder beat Gatz in that first game. Glad to know our team mate did not embarrass us! Hehehe. Anyway, on to the next game!

It seemed like protecting my reputation in the first game paid off. I started out with the same aggressiveness. I raised pots, bet hard at flops. Everybody kept giving me the pots. Just the way I liked it. I pushed people around and sensed the fear in them, like Palpatine manipulating the Galactic Senate! I've rediscovered my game, and I haven't played this strong since the Aruba Sunnyville Classic! And I wasn't even drinking!

Everything went fine until one hand, where i got Q-Q. I bet before the flop, and to my astonishment, No. 1 Rounder re-raised me! I mean, wtf? Did he have A-A? K-K? I doubted it, so I moved All In. He called. He had K-Q. Something inside my head started to tingle. Just last week, I had A-K and I lost to K-K. Fisherman cracked my A-A's in the first game too! So now, I thought, could this be payback time? When the flop came out ragged, I knew I was almost at the finish line. When the turn came out, I wanted to rip the cards to shreds. King. I mean, for crying out loud! This ain't fair!

So the moral lesson of the story here folks, is that no matter how good you play, you must have Lady Luck on your side. And if you were given a choice between being constantly good or constantly lucky, you know what to choose. :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home