Sunday, June 12, 2005

Battle Scared

I can’t believe it! First ever tourney for me, and what do I get? A big L on my forehead! Seated table 1, seat 1, all I can remember saying to me is, and ‘fuck! I have to deal’, which turned out to be a complete disaster! I had to deal again, and let me tell you, I was shaking like a Polaroid picture after seeing the disappointment painted on the faces of my fellow competitors. I have to give it to them; they were patient to me, the virgin boy. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to stop shaking like a Polaroid picture, but ended up playing in the final two tables. That’ll do pig, that’ll do.

Now I’ll talk about the poker of it. Lots of things learned that night. I’ll break it down for you guys:

  1. Don’t be stupid! It’s like the billboards you see, JUST SAY FREAKN’ NO! My balls to the wall attitude which happens to be my motto in real life, will probably not work in hold em’. Why? Coz lady luck won’t be enough for you to win.

  1. When in doubt, just play the obvious. A lil’ bit of strategizing will always, always be a good thing. But just like everything else, too much of it will mess up your freakin’ mind BIG TIME! It goes back to number one, DON’T BE STUPID!

  1. DON’T BE A SCARDY CAT! Your opponents might be good, but more often than not, they might be not as good as you might think. I’m not saying that you should always underestimate your opponents. All I’m saying is have a bit of self-confidence. Remember, they’re also drawing from the same deck as you are. And they might be more scared than you than you are to them.

Well, I guess that’s it for now. Had a great time last night, met nick g, pit boss, ace and the others. Hope to play you guys again.

That’ll do pig, that’ll do.

Grouchy as ever…