Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Crossed the Finish Line First

What a night, I’m tired and worn out but yeah, I had shitloads of fun. Losing a couple of hundreds isn’t that bad, I’m sure I’d get it back. We were playing a 14-way 2 table tourney a while back and guess what? I crossed the finish line first. Which isn’t always good, don’t get me wrong. Out of 14 players, I ended up being in 14th place. Tough luck, but it’s all good.

Everything was going my way in the early going, winning quite a number of pots. Small ones though, I was trying to build up my confidence, figuring out how the people in my table were playing. Everyone seemed damn tight, waiting for good hands, folding with crappy ones. So there it was, my last hand. Mark to my left was on the button, everyone just tried to limp in to buy the pot, till Skip, the guy to my right, raised it by 40, well it wasn’t that big of a raise but yeah, I was feeling good bout my hand. The flop went 10KK, off suit, I had K4 as my hand. After the flop, Skip placed a big bet, I was thinking he had a 10 and probably an A kicker. I raised him without hesitation, he called me with ease. I was wondering now, I had to buy that hand, not knowing it would cost me a lot. So turn comes, no help for either, he bets again. I go all in, he calls me without having second thoughts. Show of hands, he had pocket tens, devastating for me, but hey, he deserved it. Shook his hand, and gave him all my chips. You got me there Skip, you had the better hand. I promise I’ll get you next time. :)

Well I read him wrong, and as I said, I would find myself nowhere but in a deep shithole. It happens to the best of us, my set of K’s lost to a boat, 10’s full of K’s. Nonetheless, I really had fun, thanks to Carlo for hosting the game. Fisherman went out several hands after I did, Tilter cashed in at third. Nice meeting you guys, hope we could play more in the future. Thanks to Nick for the invite. See you guys on Saturday. I’m out, lates.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Guys! Had a blast playing with you guys last night. I'm sure we will have more hands to play in the comings weeks. Good luck to the Camp Hold'em crew this weekend. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it.

Play to win!
Skip

1:38 PM  
Blogger boy of destiny said...

Sorry to hear that Skip, but I'm sure we'll play more Hold'em in the near future! Latez!

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you suck

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home