Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The Tilter Cashes for Third

Wow, what a night. That was some Poker action over at Carlo's pad. I've never had that much fun playing serious and intense Poker in the short span I've been playing. There were around 14 people who played in 2 tables, a mini tournament, or a harbringer of things to come when the big tourney on Saturday arrives. After four San Mig Lights and some solid play, I managed to land third. A very very hard fought third I might add. Props to all the guys who played - Carlo, Nick G, Nik, Ian, Kix, Joel, John Paul, Skip, Denis, Pit Boss, and of course, Camp Hold'em's Fisherman and Rounder, and our honorary member for the night, Goms. It was a pleasure to meet and play with you guys.

I don't think I can do a Blow-By-Blow analysis of the hands I played because of the beer, but all I remember was my last hand. Ah-Jh. Nik raised the blind, I went All In, Kix mucked, Nik called. Nik had K-K. To cut the story short, I lost (doesn't surprise me with the way things have been going over the past few weeks). Kix and Nik split the top two's earnings.

I played solid most of the night, not making any crazy calls that I'm known for. I think I got on a roll when Nick G raised before and on the flop of 7-7-J when I had Kd-Jd. I think he had A-Q if I'm not mistaken. He raised some more on 4th Street, we checked on the River. Well Nick, all I can tell you is, you had my heart pounding all throughout that hand. I could not think you had the 7 because you raised before the flop, so I gambled on the Jack. (my Ultimate Bet name is Jack Jack. People tell me I always play any hand with a Jack. Including my last hand, so go figure.)

I'm really excited for Saturday's big tourney. I hope I can play as well as tonight. I also hope Fisherman and Rounder can do better =/. Haha, just kidding guys. I have faith in you, I know you'll kick some ass come Saturday.

That's all for now, Tilter out.