Wednesday, August 17, 2005

It's the Long Run

Played last night at my regular place, 10 playah ring action. I was ready, coming off from a good tourney game, bubbled at monday's game, it was time to do good in my ring games (spreadsheets say I suck at ring games)

First hours in, the tone at the table was tight aggressive, with two loose players - my buddies. It was obvious they both had the stacks. Draws, straights, two pairs, or just plain lucky. Not to sound bitter or anything but luck indeed is in the game.

I was fine with buying in again. All it needs is a couple more hours of table time but it didn't happen. I was playing good but it started to blur when I got bluffed off a big ass pot then getting beat by draws. The oh so tight table, became extremely loose, players would call the UTG's 150 raise, you'll see 7 handed action with that raise. Damn. Obviously, it wasn't my night.

Let me quote the "Professor", "I also want you to be PATIENT...stick with the strategies and realize that you're not going to win every night... it's the long run."

Words of wisdom when you are lost at the table. This is true and I will stick wit it, cause pokah is no overnight thing fellaz!!!

Fish-OUT!!!