Friday, August 26, 2005

Waiting for my rocket to come, well, it did

Played the JG last Saturday at the BBC, it was a 12 player tourney with the regular JG crew. I was kinda nervous coz at that moment, I didn't trust my tourney play. Well, there was no cash game at that time so I decided to play.

And to my surprise, I played that tournament pretty good. Final table included Nick, Che, Jaz, Jardine, Gail, and Miguel. There was two hands that made that night spectacular.

Che raised from early position, everone folds to me, took a look at my starting hand, wow... pocket aces. Put a lil' acting to it, then I went all in, che quckly calls. She shows pocket9s and was pretty devastated to see my AA.

Was praying really hard thay my baby rockets would stand up and give me victory, was shouting no 9s!

Pitboss floppped with suspense, the first card we saw was a 3, then he slided the cards to reveal the flop...... ACE ACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT A QUAD!!!!! AND NOT JUST ANY QUAD, QUAD ACES!!!!!!!!

Wow, it felt really good!!!! Then the final showdown against nick. It was played with mind bullets I tell you! We saw the flop twice, and the final hand went something like this.

I had 10c6h big blind, he called, I gladly checked.....Really cant remember the board, but I had flush with my 6 of hearts, he went all in I called. He showed me a 4 of hearts, I won the tournament.

Yehey for me! Yehey for nick! Yehey to the JG people!

Many thanks again to the JG poker tour for helping promote the local poker scene by guesting on rx93.1 and promoting our blog and the pokerfilipinas blog as well. To our new readers, please fell free to leave a comment or something to get in touch with us, and we'll hook you up with the best games in town.

out for now

grouch

4 Comments:

Blogger nickg said...

I didn't show you the 4 of hearts - i showed you how bad a pokuh playuh i am lol

3:44 PM  
Blogger CHINGGAY said...

that RX stint was a blast!
we don't usually listen to whatever the jock is yapping about but when we heard of poker in that station...wow! my husband and i were actually sedated (lol)


goodluck

5:18 PM  
Blogger ivegotdnuts said...

Thanks for the plug guys! Appreciate it! :)

7:26 PM  
Blogger Jazmin said...

Wow, people who heard the RX stint! Yey!

I wish I can hear the whole show. I wonder if my voice is too pitchy... But I'm glad we were able to attract people. So for the new peeps out there, let it be known that there are a lot of poker groups here in Manila. And I'm proud to be a part of the JGPT and friends with the other groups. So those who are interested, COME JOIN US!

Hey Grouch good game dude! Should've took a pic of those quads, hehehe!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home