Tuesday, August 23, 2005

How Mikee got his groove back

Been thinking about my game lately, last week wasn't a good week for me and Fish. My roll took a nasty beating, but i decided this will not stop me from playing and tyring to improve my game. Attended the 'meet the neighbors' party we had, tyring to figure out who shut me down form hosting the Camp's weekly games. Then I finally made up my mind, I have to play. Drove down to the coolest place in town, the Baltimora Boys Club (that sounded gay, but you guys know what I'm talking about). To my surprise, there was only a Limit table open, said to myself, what the hell, poker is poker.

Sat down, got my chips, started to roll with the big guns Then finally got what I was waiting for, my premium hand, cowboys.

I raised, everyone folds, Big Wally calls.

Flop: AA2

He bets, I raise, he re-raise, I re-re-raise, he calls

Turn: 7

He bets, I raise, he re-raise, I re-re-raise, he calls

River: King

He bets, I call.

Wally: Anu merun ka?
Grouch: Full house...
Wally: Full house ba?

I was thinking, I'm definitely screwed.... He shows me an ace..... and a freaking 2!!!

Was down, 1500 at that point so I decided to play the No limt game. Bought in another 500, my last 500. First hand I got was 77, naturaly, I raise. Skip calls.

Flop: 89Jos

I bet 100, he raises me another 200, I went all in.

Skip: KK

river was a 10.

doubled up pretty good, then Big Wally sat down to my right. Uh-oh, he's here to beat me again. He was beating everyone at the table. Damn he played wiht my mind big time. Then the miracle hand arrived.

I got A5os, Big wally was dealer and raised 50, everyone folded. I was sb, I called.

Flop: 2h, 4h, 3c

I flopped the straight! I checked, he bets 50, I raised him another 50, he calls

Turn: Ah

Was saying to myself, 'god, he's gonna fuck me again with a flush!' I got nervous so I checked. He bets 280 and said

Big Wally: If you raise me, I'll go all in. Alam ko may ace ka...

I lit up a cigarette, thought about it and said

Grouch: Sige, Big Wally, all in
Big Wally: call
Grouch: wala Big Wally, straight lang

He shows me Kh and another black card, he was still drawing for a flush. River was a 2d. whew...

had around 880 in chips, he doubled me up, and it felt good.

Just had to share those two wonderful hands. Gave me back some of my dignity. was up a lil bit that night, and it felt good. played the jg game last night and finished 2nd. regaining some of the lost confidence, slowly rebuilding my game. no way but up baby.

grouch

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where can I find BBC?

my friends and i are from pasig and we have games every saturday at eggoy's

we will be selling the ff:
a. (11.5 g) 300 and 500 chips sets with suited and dice designs

b. poker tables

if anyone is interested send your inquiries to my e-mail:

enraya0925@hotmail.com

chinggay santos
mobile #: 0916-4311159

12:25 AM  
Blogger ivegotdnuts said...

chinggay & anjiedy,

Thanks for the comments, btw, how did you find us? As for the details, i'll just text you. Later. :)

1:19 PM  
Blogger ivegotdnuts said...

anjiedy,

have you ever played no limit hold'em? The JG poker group hosts saturday games 100php buy-in at Valero st. Legrand condo, 1pm onwards. :)

1:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey! we have new readers! thanks for taking some time and reading our blog.
You guys just gave us more reasons to write our poker experiences. We have around 10 regular readers right now and hope to increase that number to really promote the local scene.

2:44 PM  
Blogger nickg said...

BBC is not a place...it's a state of mind...

3:46 PM  
Blogger ivegotdnuts said...

What are you smoking Nick? hahaha gimme some!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Maverick said...

you dont "FIND" the BBC. the BBC finds YOU.

3:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Green guy big cock links Valtrex sores cold and Pay pal order zyrtec Phentermine my online perscrptions

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home