Tuesday, October 11, 2005

here it goes

pre·ten·tious (pr-tnshs)
adj.
  1. Claiming or demanding a position of distinction or merit, especially when unjustified.
  2. Making or marked by an extravagant outward show; ostentatious. See Synonyms at showy.
I just like to share to all of the readers of our blog an interesting comment directed to me by someone named 'pretentious mike'

Mike

This is just becoming too sad. You talk about like you’ve been winning, well in fact, u've been losing (and to the times that u did win, u always seem to magnify it ). You talk about fishes, but it is common knowledge among the small and upcoming community of ours that you are one of the biggest fishes out here. You mentioned that its so lucrative to play with newbies, well its more lucrative for when mike tee is in a ring game with us: your countless buyins are amazing, good thing for us you have almost an unlimited bankroll.

But I give props to you: you always find a way to tell us what we should’ve done after we beat you to hand? If that’s not amusing, I don’t know what is. In fact we have this whole journal of your famous anecdotes. So I suggest mike that you should stop teaching us what to do after you bluff, your tells are enough for us.

Do you even realize that your fellow campers: mark and goma are way ahead of you in terms of skill? I remember that skyland tournament, you were out like what? 10 minutes into the tournament while your two friends were battling it out on the final 5, don’t bullshit me when you say it didn’t hurt a little bit, bet you didn’t get enough sleep that night. You should be indeed called “the flash”, you were out unbelievably fast.

And about that exaggerated break of yours, we all knew you are going to come back. But you should’ve stayed out longer: the stories about you were just too entertaining, too bad that we have to settle instead on your bankroll

So this is it mike, we just can’t stop letting you this way anymore. We all need someone to pull us out from being a condescending, obnoxious and hypocritical asshole, hope you take this as reflection and maybe you too can become a good player.(coz quite frankly you really are that bad)
________________________________________________

We are open to all suggestion and criticisms, it's a free world, say whatever it is that you have to say. From the looks of it, you, sir, just don't like me, don't like the way I play, don't like what I write in our blog, don't like the way I lose my bankroll, don't like the way I tell my stories etc. That is acceptable, I don't expect anyone for that matter to agree or admire me. If in your eyes i'm the biggest fish our there, then too bad for me I guess. I won't stop you from trying to take my money for I'm sure I'm also trying to take yours. Yes, Goma and Mark are ahead of me right now, and it doesn't bother me that they are ahead because they are my friends. I want to be better at playing, but I'm not bothered that two closest friends of mine are indeed better than me. As for my so called exaggerations, I can't help it, I'm one heck of a story teller. For the so called exaggerated break, I sent Mark out to have a press con right after I got the ban to up my popularity, I need the publicty.

If I ofended you in anyway, kindly reveal yourself in private, so that an avenue can be opened to clear things up.

Thanks for spending time reading and posting a comment at pinoyrounders.

10 Comments:

Blogger boy of destiny said...

again, what about meeeeeeee?! hellooooo? everybody keeps forgeting about the Tilter! hmpf.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Maverick said...

HAHAHA! potah! laugh trip sino kaya yan. masyadong seryoso ampucha! hey dude, whoever you are, if you have a problem with mike, be a man (or a woman?)and tell him who you are. hiding under an alias and keeping yourself anonymous is just plain lame. not just lame but childish and pathetic.

mike, ganyan talaga alam mo naman, pag sikat ka talaga eh marami maninira sayo. kaya tinalikuran ko na ang showbiz eh!

but we all know here who's gonna look stupid in the end, cause mike can handle the situation in a cool and calm manner, even laugh about and not take it too seriously.

pucha, nakakatawa yung nag post nyan pare. anybody who takes himself THAT seriously deserves to be laughed at. HAHAHA!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Maverick said...

sino makahula kung sino yan libre ko beer sa bbc. haha!

8:04 PM  
Blogger ivegotdnuts said...

To all the readers,

Everyone is free to post anything, the camp will welcome these posts, critisms or suggestions. Simply, let's treat it like it were a poker game, where people can speak their mind and trash talk all they want. ;)

i have an idea...

The Grouch v.s. pretentious mike

Heads-up... hehehe sounds damn good.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Maverick said...

hula ko ikaw yan fish hahaha!

9:02 PM  
Blogger ivegotdnuts said...

pare,

kung ganyan lang sana ako kagaling mag sulat aaminin ko ako yan hehehe ;)

10:18 PM  
Blogger Maverick said...

pare, i beg to disagree. magaling magsulat?

"well in fact"

-this should be WHEN in fact. tsk tsk. wrong grammar.

"Do you even realize that your fellow campers: mark and goma..."

-what the hell is a colon doing after "fellow campers"? it should be a coma. tsk tsk.

"good thing for us you have almost an unlimited bankroll."

-almost an unlimited? 'an almost unlimited' dapat.

" But you should’ve stayed out longer: the stories about you were just too entertaining, too bad that we have to settle instead on your bankroll."

-now THIS sentence, man. my english professor would be pulling his hair out if he reads this. There's that misplaced colon again. "too bad that we have to settle instead on your bankroll."??? 'To settle on your bankroll instead' dapat!

"it is common knowledge that you are one of the biggest fishes out here"

i dont know what "common knowledge" you are talking about because as far as i know, mike is one of the players I watch out for in a table. maybe it's common knowledge among you and your multiple personalities?

"So this is it mike, we just can’t stop letting you this way anymore."

man... "WE JUST CAN STOP LETTING YOU THIS WAY ANYMORE"??? hahaha! WE WILL GOING TO THIS WAY WHY NOT DONT YOU. I TOLD YOU NOT TO GO THERE BUT YOU GO NOW LOOK AT. IF YOU DONT THEN WONT, IF YOU MAY YOU MAY DO.

"We all need someone to pull us out from being a condescending, obnoxious and hypocritical asshole,..."

yes. you said it yourself. you do need help to pull you out from being an asshole. you and your "friends". to pull the plug out of your asshole maybe?

man this is so amusing. sana ako next!

11:20 PM  
Blogger ivegotdnuts said...

benny,

ako kaya na una sa aviators!!! haha :p

6:49 PM  
Blogger Maverick said...

hahaha hoy duque ang hilig mo talaga mag bluff nahuhuli naman minsan haha!

1:19 AM  
Blogger Maverick said...

langya di ako nakatiis umuwi ako galing sa BBC para lang mabasa ko to hahaha! balik nako dun!

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home