Wednesday, September 28, 2005

My First Money

Day 6 of my no more live games thing. Been itching to play live poker for money... this is the closest thing that i can come up with:

Alright, been playing the freerolls over the net trying to polish my poker skills. My site of choice is Poker Champs the home of Gustav Hansen! LOL. Anyway, they have this freeroll tourney which guarantees money if you place 28th above, here's the breakdown;

1st - $5
2nd - $3
3rd - $2
4th - 28th - $1

I always play this coz I really wanted to know if they'll actually give yout the money if you win. The field is tough i tell you, plus the fact that it's so hard to concentrate coz you know you got to play for free and nothings really at risk, not unless you really consider time as gold. the field ranges from 1200 - 2600 players, I don't know the time for each level, all i know is that it's fast and at some point, they introduse antes already.

So I did my thang, played 3 play money tables while playing the tourney. This is why I love this site! You can actually watch/play 4 tables all at once. I ordered my food from Jolibee to keep me busy while watching and waiting for the schmucks take out each other. Then it sounded the 5 minute break after the first hour of play. Wow! the field is only about 170 at this point(i think we started with 2500) and I was ranked 22nd! The best finish that I know of is my brother who ended up 52, my best finish was 70. there were too many wonderful moments to mention, but I ended up 19th taking home $1! yahahaha!

phase two of the investigation, i checked my account to see if i got the $1 they promised, well it was there. next step was to play it in the real cash games. i bought in the whole amount at the .02/.04 table, max buy in was $2. went all in with my AK diamonds pre-flop, got beaten by pocket aces by a guy who was playing the first hand that was dealt to him. wow!

well, coz of this online tourney that they have, i actually feel that my tourney play is getting better, of is at its best right now. im alot more patient than before. Also, I appreciate more online poker now than before coz i now see the possibilities of playing online. you are dealt more hands. unlike live games, you get bored easily, but with online, you can enterntain yourself by surfing the web, reading poker articles, listening to mp3, checking your email etc.

lets just hope i get out of this online poker thing alive! As they say, what does not kill you will only make you stronger. something like that.

grouch