Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The War

I was suppose to write this as a comment to the post of my boi Fish regarding poker hands, but as I was writing it, it felt like I had to write a follow up post to that one.

I agree with my boi fish here. a couple of months ago, i would never fold my AKs no matter what. but as i play more, saw more hands, played with various playas, i learned to let it go. good hole cards bad flop. gotta accept that fact.

it's always a battle out there. you go on the offensive when you have those cards pre-flop, bombs away ladies and gents, nothing wrong with that, in fact, that's what you must do. But you also need to know when to give up that battle to eventually win the war. A pair of duece will destroy your Kournikovas.

Offense is the best defense, and defense is also the best offense, just got to learn what to use on a particular situation. Checking, betting, raising, and re-raising are part of the arsenal of any poker player, once you can add 'fold' to arsenal, you'll be a much more competitive, deadly, and profitable player. It's not about the battle, it's the war that you want to win. How long will the war be? It depends how long you wanna play poker.

For me, I don't think i'll be stopping anytime soon, so my 'war' will go on until the day I die. Pick the battles you can win, captitalize, destroy, and move on. Be ready to fire your guns, but always bring your flag just in case it's time to surrender.

Grouch's note: To the players who play cash games, remeber, you don't have to go all in coz you have to go, you can always cash out. it's not a tourney you know:)

grouch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home