Friday, September 02, 2005

doing the phil

yeah yeah, im doing the phil right now... the phil....

years back, phil mickelson was regarded as the best player without a major win. for those of you who hate golf, the major consists of The Masters, the U.S. Open, The Open Championship or more pupularly known as the British Open, and the PGA Championsip. Any professional golfer in the world wants to win at the very least one, some have as many as 18 like Jack Nicklaus, i think Tiger Woods has about 11 right now. Any golfer can win millions of dollars winning around the world, but they won't feel as fulfilled if they won't win one.

As I was saying, Phil was 'majorless' since he turned pro back in the 90's til he won his first green jacket(the masters) in 2004. Before he won it, he was branded as the best player never to have won a major. then he broke thru and recently got his 2nd major this year winning the 2005 PGA Championships. he persevered, never stopped believing in hs abilities and continued working hard on his game til he got, not just one, but two majors.

My Point? When I taught my lil' bro Mafioso21(that's his camp holdem and poker champs handle) to reach the state of mind otherwise known as the BBC, he met a good buddy of mine named Ace. Ace was taking care of lil' Mafioso, chatting with him a lil' bit, trying to teach him the ropes, and described yours truly as 'a very good player who always loses'.

And it's true

I've been losing like crazy lately, again. I know there's no way but up, but right now, I'm still stuck on the bottom of the ocean trying to reach the surface again.

No worries. Why? coz I'm trying to fix my game, and I know, in time I will be able to figure out what's wrong with it with the support group that I got right now. They're helping me identify the flaws of my play, and hopefuly, we'll be able to figure it out soon. I'm not being cocky or anything, just trying to allow the positive chi in and the negative out. tyring to stay optimistic about things even if the situation is already choking me to death.

hey, not everyone's born a tiger, some of us gotta dot the phil...

by the way, got the straight flush 3-7 spades earlier. had quad aces, quad 6's, and no the straight flush in more than a week. but I ended up losing that night... see what I mean? the phil...

note: to those who know me and actually see or played with me before, please leave a comment or opinion on the flaws of my game. it will gladly be appreciated

grouch

4 Comments:

Blogger Maverick said...

Who gives a shit?

I’m recently going through the absolute worst period of poker playing ever. A couple of days ago, my pocket aces got beat on the flop by someone who called my pre flop raise with a Q-7o. Yesterday, I never won a SINGLE hand, but only played two. First one, went all in pre flop with black pocket kings. Small stack, just 50 more to call me so I had about 4 callers. Dream scenario huh? Well, the flop was all low cards. Great! Another low card on the turn! There are now 3 spades on the board and im thinking, if the river is another spade, at least ill have the king high flush. River is a spade. So my cowboys became a king high flush. Mike gets a STRAIGHT FLUSH, 3 to 7 spades. He had pocket fours! New table, next hand. First hand I play is pocket tens. Someone raises 3x big blind, with two callers. I thought, I don’t wanna see the flop anymore so I make it 15x big blind to call me. one caller, everyone folds. Flop K-8-8. I go all in with 200 more. He calls and show pocket fours! Turn was K. RIVER? FOUR! Damn.

The worst thing about it is, in poker, nobody gives a shit about your damn loss on the river. Hehe.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

youre just taking the game way too seriously man...take it easy and rack up the wins....like me!

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude ur blog is getting so so spammed, change something in the options' thingy kasi if u allow "anonymous" people to post, these spammers come running in.

*missphat

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I was there for the AA vs Q7 two pair on the flop showdown with attorney at the BBC, I can only assume that Maverick is none other than Mr. German Snake! Well, that's poker for you; had my best night and my worst night on the tables at the same week. Luck of the draw. Had some crazy wins this week though; Q went all-in, pre-flop, girl to my right called and I'm holding K6 and feeling really really stupid, I call. Eventually everything comes dowm 2,3,4,5 and some other random card. Girl to my right calls, shows trips four on the flop. Q opens his cards to reveal AQ, but my 6 gets the straight! Crazy.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home